Regardless of how well you take care of your smile, there are times when extractions are needed. Tooth extractions are a type of procedure performed only when there are no other options available. Dental extractions may include emergency tooth removal or wisdom tooth removal. Drs. Hammad Aziz and Stephanie Janes of North Aurora Smiles provide both simple and surgical tooth extractions in their North Aurora, IL area practice, and are available to help patients in situations where they may require them.
There are two types of extractions that are performed by our team of professionals at North Aurora Smiles. These include simple extractions and surgical extractions. While tooth extraction may sound daunting, with proper anesthetics and techniques the procedure is painless and simple.
Why might I need a tooth extracted?
There are several different types of situations where a dentist may recommend extraction of a tooth. This includes:
- A baby tooth that has not come out on its own
- An abscessed tooth that cannot be saved with root canal therapy procedures
- A broken or severely damaged and injured tooth
- A tooth that is impacted by severe decay
- An impacted tooth, such as a wisdom tooth, that cannot come through the gumline
- Preparing for orthodontic treatment when overcrowding is a concern
Do you need a tooth extracted?
Speak to Drs. Hammad Aziz and Stephanie Janes of North Aurora, IL, to determine if you could benefit from the extraction of one or more teeth. The office of North Aurora Smiles is located at 601 Randall Crossing Lane and can be reached by phone at (630) 984-2223 to request a consultation and initial evaluation.